Skip to content

Memphis Man Found In Possession Of Thousands Of Counterfeit Pills

Police in Memphis, Tennessee received information about the delivery of a package to a resident that contained 6,300 counterfeit Viagra pills, according to WREG-TV. Shortly after allowing a controlled delivery of the package to Michael Abraham’s home, police executed a search warrant on the residence and located that package along with several other boxes that contained even more pills.

In total, law enforcement seized over 12,000 counterfeit Viagra pills and 1,000 counterfeit Cialis pills from Abraham. When asked what he was doing with the pills, Abraham reportedly stated he sells them on the street. A chief prosecutor with the Shelby County District Attorney’s office warned the public that “We are encountering more and more counterfeit pills and some pills that may even contain fentanyl, which is an extremely potent narcotic and can result in overdose or even death.” After he posted bond, Abraham was released.

According to Men’s Health Network, while most men will experience erectile dysfunction (ED) at some point in their lives, for 30 million men in the United States, it is a chronic condition. Nearly 70 percent of the time, ED is caused by an underlying health problem, such as diabetes, kidney disease, high blood pressure, or high cholesterol. The other 30 percent of the time it is typically caused by stress, anxiety, depression, or even a side effect of a medication needed to treat a different condition. This medical condition requires a conversation with a doctor and treatment with legitimate, prescribed medication.

Online pharmacies that do not require prescriptions and are not approved by the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy and LegitScript are unsafe places to purchase any medication.  A 2011 study found that 77 percent of the “Viagra” pills purchased online were counterfeit. However, there are legitimate, U.S. licensed pharmacies that will provide a consultation with a licensed U.S. physician and ship medication directly.

Scroll To Top