COVID-19 Scams Video Update, April 15, 2020
In this edition:
- The Alliance for Safe Online Pharmacies and dozens of other safety organizations asked the White House to emphasize evidenced-based messaging and take action to close the loopholes cyber criminals are using to scam patients. Several senators have responded by sending a letter to the leading domain name registrars to take steps to crack down on scammer websites.
- Feds Say Fake COVID-19 Tests From China Seized at Memphis FedEx Facility (WMC5, April 8, 2020)
- Representative Brett Guthrie of Kentucky has introduced H.R.5663, the Safeguarding Therapeutics Act, which would give authority to the Secretary of Health and Human Services, acting through the Commissioner of Food and Drugs, to destroy counterfeit devices.
- A Georgia resident has been arrested for selling illegal products to treat virus infection. (U.S. Department of Justice press release, April 9, 2020, and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency press release, March 25, 2020)
- Additional claims about chlorine dioxide: Jim Humble
- FDA warning to Alex Jones, April 9, 2020
Get our 1 page handout for patients in English or Spanish at http://www.safemedicines.org
Adopt our Covid Safety campaign!
Post our one pager to your website and to social media. Use the hashtag #covidscams to help raise awareness of criminals using the crisis to prey on people. Drop us a note at email@example.com to let us know you're helping!