Ordering, receiving and administering unapproved prescription drugs violates the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act. Doctors who bill government health programs for illegally imported drugs have been prosecuted under the Federal False Claims Act, paid millions in fines, lost licenses and been sentenced to prison.
Doctors can educate staff and patients to prevent non-FDA approved medications from damaging the health of their patients.
Share these resources with physicians, nurses and office staff:
- Clinical Oncology News article “Counterfeit Chemo: A special two-part report on drug fraud in the U.S.”
- Learn about the ways counterfeits affect patients in the PSM Leaders Guide (pdf).
- Learn how to verify suppliers and their licenses (RX-360 Know Your Supplier).
- Learn how billing insurance companies for imported drugs is a crime.
Share these resources with your patients to keep them safe.
- How patient can protect themselves from counterfeits
- How patients can find affordable prescription medications
- How patients can save money safey when buying medication online
- “What you don’t know about buying drugs from Canada“
- “Save money safely on prescriptions from online pharmacies“
- “SAFE DRUG” (also available in Spanish, Chinese, Tagalog, and Vietnamese)
- “SAFE SAVINGS“