Resources for organizers on the HHS Canadian drug importation comment period
Ways you can help spread the word
- Submit your own comments or tell people to go to http://safedr.ug/takeaction to submit their own.
- Email your community and ask them to comment.
- Follow us on Facebook and share our calls-to-action with your community.
- Read PSM's comment on HHS's proposed rule and our 1 page summary
- Learn more than you can ever imagine about why Canadian drug importation won't work on our Policy page.
- Read HHS's proposed rule (165+ pages)
How to file your own comments
Organizations that want to file their own comments like PSM don't need to write a long submission, but it is important that the organization go on record to express their concerns. Here's a simple template you can use to construct your letter.
Comment on HHS draft regulation: Importation of Prescription Drugs
Docket ID: FDA-2019-N-5711
The <insert your organization here> are writing today to express our concern about the proposed regulation to import medicine from Canada. It appears unlikely to result in a significant savings for the American consumer and brings some significant patient safety dangers as well.
We respectfully request that you withdraw this proposed regulation.
<your name and organizational title>
Once you've written your comments, you can submit them online at https://www.safemedicines.org/take-action-to-protect-our-medicine-supply
Example calls-to-action to put in your email newsletter
“Concerned that we’re wasting time implementing Canadian drug importation when we should be regulating PBMs? Comment before March 2nd, 2020 on the federal drug importation rule and tell them to do something real about the problem. Submit a short comment at https://safedr.ug/takeaction ”
"The Federal government is taking comments right now on the flawed Canadian drug importation proposal. It's time they heard that this won't work, and heard more about what will work. Comments can be submitted before March 2nd at: https://safedr.ug/takeaction "