COVID-19 Scams Video Update, April 8, 2020
In this edition:
- Read LegitScript's comprehensive report on COVID-19 cyberscams.
- Learn about the United Kingdom man accused of selling fake COVID-19 cures and the seven law enforcement agencies in two continents it took to stop him:
- British Man Charged With Shipping Mislabeled and Unapproved 'Treatments' for Patients Suffering From COVID-19 (U.S. Customs and Immigration Enforcement, April 2, 2020)
- Man Charged With Making and Selling Fake COVID-19 Treatment Kits (City of London Police, March 25, 2020)
- Material Safety Data Sheet, Potassium thiocyanate
- Share our shock about unauthorized COVID-19 testing sites in Louisville, KY
- Law Enforcement Investigating Pop-up Coronavirus Testing Sites for Scams, Officials Say (Louisville Courier Journal, March 30, 2020)
- Play along with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission’s Scam Bingo game. When you’ve got a BINGO, post it to social media with the hashtag #ftcscambingo
Adopt our Covid Safety campaign!
Post our one pager to your website and to social media. Use the hashtag #covidscams to help raise awareness of criminals using the crisis to prey on people. Drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you're helping!